Understanding the cloud. We keep it simple!
It seems like the cloud is everywhere these days. You hear about it anywhere you go and companies of all sizes are investing heavily into cloud technology. People use the cloud every day and don’t even realize it. When you ask Siri a question, when you save that file to Dropbox, or when you watch a video on Netflix. In each case you were accessing the cloud.
Understanding what the cloud is and what the advantages of cloud hosting are can be confusing. Beyond Hosting is here to break it down simply so you can better understand how cloud hosting will benefit your business.
What is the Cloud?
The cloud is a metaphor for the internet, in that it is a large number of computers connected through a network. Cloud hosting refers to the ability run programs and applications over multiple servers simultaneously. This is important because it means that if a server is under heavy load and runs out of resources it can borrow the extra power needed from the cloud.
Cloud servers are virtual machines that are simulated within the physical server. Multiple cloud servers can exist on one physical server but they are still able to act and function like standalone equipment, only pulling extra resources when necessary.
Benefits of using the Cloud
Cloud hosting provides a number of benefits to users that standard or VPS hosting can’t. Here are some of the main benefits that you should be aware of:
- Increases the availability of useful technologies– With cloud hosting you can get all the benefits of a dedicated server at a fraction of the cost. This gives small businesses the advantage of having access to analytical tools and software that previously would have only been available to companies large enough to own their own servers. With Cloud hosting you begin to level the playing field between large and small businesses.
- Greater business scalability– With dedicated servers when a company grows to a point that they need to expand it requires lots of time and money in order to build and support a larger infrastructure (data centers, labor, equipment etc.). Cloud hosting eliminates those costs by allowing companies to grow or shrink as needed within the cloud. This allows companies to scale up more quickly and is a huge competitive advantage over those using standard hosting methods.
- Dependable data backup and recovery– In cloud hosting all of your data is stored within the cloud so backing up and restoring data is much easier than on a physical device. Cloud host providers can usually handle the recovery information, thus simplifying the entire process.
- Improve accessibility– You have access to your resources anytime and anywhere. The cloud is designed to make life easier for your company.
- Save money everywhere– When you invest in the cloud you enable your business to save money in many different ways. You can save labor because you expanding doesn’t mean more hardware to take care of. There isn’t a need to buy expensive equipment anymore because of the scalability of the cloud which in turn also saves you money on software licencing fees.
The Beyond Hosting Advantage
At Beyond Hosting we take cloud hosting to the next level. We value our customers and are dedicated to delivering the highest quality services while using only the best technology available. We offer 24/7 support that is based right here in Cincinnati, Ohio. Our support team is knowledgeable, friendly, and dedicated to delivering amazing customer service. Here are just a few of the advantages of choosing Beyond Hosting:
- SSD Raid Storage – All new VPS hosting accounts include solid state drives that perform incredibly fast at no additional costs.
- Daily Snapshot Backups– We all make mistakes but with Beyond Hosting you don’t have to sweat it. Beyond Hosting daily cloud backup is here to make sure you never lose the data you need.
- Flexibility– Lets grow (or shrink) together! Our cloud service products are designed to adjust to your changing needs. Instant upgrades and downgrades make the process a snap!
- Unparalleled Support– Are support team is located right here in the USA providing 24/7 customer service that our competitors can’t touch.
- Optimized for Performance– Every cloud service package that we offer is optimized with the best software available. Use apps like Propser202, CPV Lab, or iMobiTrax to drive your sites performance and get the results you need.
- Commitment to using only the Best Technology– We don’t slack on quality at Beyond Hosting. Our data center consists only of Dell’s award winning PowerEdge Server line. We want to make sure that our customers have the best resources available, no matter what their needs may be.
Cloud technology is really amazing. It makes things simpler and allows businesses to expand at incredible rates.
Posted in Hosting on Jul 07, 2016